Wednesday, April 7, 2010

American Idol - 4/6/10

Okay, my wife and I may be the final two people actually watching this train wreck (and I do just to keep the wife happy...), but I did not hate the 4/6 episode which was songs by Lennon/McCartney.

The final nine are simply not in the categories of say the Daughtry season or the Carrie Underwood season, but they try hard and "have fun" (ugh, I hate when they say that...). The only two I kind of like are Lee DeWyze (from outside of Chicago) and as of last night, I "kind of" like this Crystal Bowersox.

Lee sang "Hey Jude" with the help of a bag-piper and Crystal sang "Come Together" (one of my least favorite Beatles tunes) with backup from a man playing a didgeridoo (seriously, WTF?). Anyways, those two stood out and were actually very good.

The others: "Big Mike", Aaron, Siobhan, Katie, Andrew Garcia were boring.

Tim Urban, who simply doesn't belong in this competition, actually was pretty good with his rendition of "All my Lovin'", but as said, he doesn't belong.

Casey James sang "Jealous Guy" (a Lennon tune I've never heard of...and I know EVERY SONG) and the judges LOVED it. I didn't get it, but I guess it was good.

I've got to believe Katie, Andrew and Tim will be bottom three in tonight's show and I'll predict that Katie Stevens will be sent home, though Tim Urban probably needs to get the boot.

Later nerds.

No comments:

Post a Comment